The MPA Youth Show Pig Circuit is designed to provide Junior Swine Exhibitors the opportunity to further their development of citizenship, leadership and sportsmanship and to reward Missouri youth for their participation and hard work in the statewide exhibition of swine projects.
The information contained on this page is a brief overview. To review the complete guidelines, please click MYSPC Guidelines 2022.
Click here to view this year’s official MYSPC Pocket Guide.
Thanks to this year’s sponsors:
ADM MoorMan’s ShowTec
H&H Show Supplies
Hogs for Hunger
Lily-Mae Show Pigs
Missouri Corn Merchandising Council
Missouri Soybean Merchandising Council
Brammer Show Pigs
Jerry Reid Agency
KB PEMF Services
Lance Martin Showpigs
Lil League Show Pig Sale
Miller Show Stock
Missouri State Fair Foundation
Stein & Stewart Genetics
Changes to the 2022 Circuit
- To be eligible, all pigs must be farrowed after November 1, 2021.
- MYSPC members will be allowed to count top points from 70% of the total number of scheduled shows for the 2022 Season, or 13 shows. If more than 70% of shows are attended, points from the 70% of shows in which earned points are the highest will be counted.
- MYSPC members will be allowed to count top points from 70% of the total number of scheduled showmanship events for the 2022 Season, or 10 events. If a member participates in more than 70% of showmanship events, points from 70% of showmanship events in which earned points are the highest will be counted.
- This year, crossbred will be broken out into Lights and Darks. Crossbred Barrows and Gilts will be shown in two divisions: Light and Dark. Any crossbreds with black hair or skin will be placed in the Dark division and all remaining crossbreds will be in the Light division, including Blue Butts. Both divisions will name a champion, reserve and third place crossbred to represent their division. After which the Light and Dark champions will show against each other to decide an overall crossbred champion with reserve and third overall to follow. Judges may go three animals deep in each division to name their champion, reserve and third overall crossbred. Only these three crossbreds will be eligible for the grand overall drive. Only three crossbreds may be used in the top five overall in both barrows and gilts.
- As a reminder, pigs must be entered in the name of the MYSPC member that wishes to accumulate points from the exhibition of that animal, and must be shown by that member. MYSPC members must exhibit their own pigs to receive points.
- Please review guidelines for complete changes.
Membership is open to Missouri youth ages 21 and under as of December 31, 2021. Membership dues are:
$30 – individual
$50 – 2 memberships in the same family
$70 – 3 memberships in the same family
4 memberships and above in the same family – $20 per MYSPC member
Members who sign up prior to April 17 will receive a t-shirt. Youth must be a member of the MYSPC before points begin to accumulate. Membership dues may be paid at sanctioned shows. There will be a 60% payback of dues. Prizes will be given out at the 2021 Missouri State Fair on Wednesday, August 10 during a lunch at the Pork Place.
This year, there are 21 shows. However, since May 21 the shows are in different locations, we realize members cannot attend both. So we will base the Circuit on 19 shows. Members will be allowed to count top points from 70% of these shows, or 13 shows. There will be 15 showmanship events, and members will be allowed to count top points from 70% of these events, or 10 events.
For a membership brochure and application, please click Click here.
2022 Sanctioned Shows
Missouri shows wishing to be sanctioned must pay a $200 fee to participate in the MYSPC. All sanctioned shows will be listed on this website. Sanctioned shows must abide by the general guidelines of the MYSPC. Contact the Missouri Pork Association if you would like to sanction your show.
Shows officially signed on for 2022 include:
April 30 – MYSPC Kickoff Classic – 2 SHOWS (Nevada, MO) — View flyer…
May 1 – MYSPC Kickoff Classic – 1 SHOW (Nevada, MO)
May 28 – Callaway County Jackpot Swine Show (Auxvasse, MO) — View flyer…
May 28 – MU Block & Bridle’s 2021 Black & Gold Swine Show (Auxvasse, MO) — View flyer…
May 29 – Centralia FFA Alumni & Boosters Jackpot Show (Mexico, MO) — View flyer…
May 30 – Sweet Springs FFA Jackpot Show (Marshall, MO) — View flyer…
June 11 – Bates County Jackpot Show (Butler, MO) — View flyer…
June 18 – California FFA Jackpot Show (California, MO) — View flyer…
Flyers will include contact information and show details.
For More Information, Contact:
Missouri Pork Association
6235 W. Cunningham Dr.
Columbia, MO 65202