The MPA Youth Show Pig Circuit is designed to provide Junior Swine Exhibitors the opportunity to further their development of citizenship, leadership and sportsmanship and to reward Missouri youth for their participation and hard work in the statewide exhibition of swine projects.
The information contained on this page is a brief overview. To review the complete guidelines, please click MYSPC Guidelines 2021.
Click here to view this year’s official MYSPC Pocket Guide.
Final results are below. We look forward to seeing everyone at the Awards Lunch on Wednesday, August 11, 2021 at The Pork Place in Sedalia, Missouri.
Thanks to this year’s sponsors:
ADM MoorMan’s ShowTec
H&H Show Supplies
Iron Eagle Welding Academy
Missouri Corn Merchandising Council
Missouri Soybean Merchandising Council
SC Online Sales
Stein-Brammer Show Pigs
Changes to the 2021 Circuit
- To be eligible, all pigs must be farrowed after November 1, 2020
- All animals entered in purebred classes are required to have registration papers or verification of registration by June 1. Papers MUST be faxed or emailed to the MPA office by June 1. If papers are NOT provided by the June deadline, all points earned in the Circuit for that animal will be voided for the year.
- This year, we will award one Overall Exhibitor Award and one Rookie of the Year Award. Please see guidelines for complete details.
- As a reminder, pigs must be entered in the name of the MYSPC member that wishes to accumulate points from the exhibition of that animal, and must be shown by that member. MYSPC members must exhibit their own pigs to receive points.
- Please review guidelines for complete changes.
Membership is open to Missouri youth ages 21 and under as of January 1st of the current year. Membership dues are:
$30 – individual
$50 – 2 memberships in the same family
$70 – 3 memberships in the same family
4 memberships and above in the same family – $20 per MYSPC member
Members who sign up prior to April 17 will receive a t-shirt. Youth must be a member of the MYSPC before points begin to accumulate. Membership dues may be paid at sanctioned shows. There will be a 60% payback of dues. Prizes will be given out at the 2021 Missouri State Fair on Wednesday, August 11 during a lunch at the Pork Place.
There are 19 shows this year. Members will be allowed to count top points from 50% of these shows, or 10 shows. There will be 15 showmanship events, and members will be allowed to count top points from 50% of these events, or 8 events.
For a membership brochure and application, please click Click here.
2021 Sanctioned Shows
Missouri shows wishing to be sanctioned must pay a $200 fee to participate in the MYSPC. All sanctioned shows will be listed on this website. Sanctioned shows must abide by the general guidelines of the MYSPC. Contact the Missouri Pork Association if you would like to sanction your show.
Shows officially signed on for 2021 include:
May 1 – MYSPC Kickoff Classic – 2 SHOWS (Nevada, MO)
May 2 – MYSPC Kickoff Classic – 1 SHOW (Nevada, MO)
May 8 – Wolf Showpig Bonanza (Chillicothe, MO)
May 9 – Cam’s Memorial Grand Drive Jackpot Show (Chillicothe, MO) — View flyer
May 29 – Callaway County Jackpot Swine Show (Auxvasse, MO) — View flyer
May 29 – MU Block & Bridle’s 2021 Black & Gold Swine Show (Auxvasse, MO)
May 30 – Centralia FFA Alumni & Boosters Jackpot Show (Mexico, MO) — View flyer
May 31 – Sweet Springs FFA Jackpot Show (Marshall, MO)
June 5 – Troy FFA Preview Jackpot Show (Troy, MO)
June 6 – Macon County Swine Preview Show (Macon, MO) — View flyer
June 12 – Henry County Livestock Preview Show (Clinton, MO)
June 13 – Bates County Jackpot Show (Butler, MO) –
Flyers will include contact information and show details.
For More Information, Contact:
Missouri Pork Association
6235 W. Cunningham Dr.
Columbia, MO 65202